My Right-handedness

While I was using the hacksaw to prepare firewood today, it became clear to me how so much stronger my right arm is compared to my left arm.

I'm right-handed, yes, but when my right shoulder gets much stronger, the left shoulder gets compromised in a sport like swimming.

This results in muscle imbalance and the left-shoulder overworks and overstretches without the needed strength. And I'm thinking that's the reason it got injured from overuse.

So today I used my left arm for sawing firewood. It wasn't easy though. I had to assist the left with my right arm to create the precut. Then my left arm takes over.

Hopefully, the push-pull of sawing will strengthen the shoulder muscles and the rotator cuff also known as the SITS: Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Teres Minor and the Subscapularis:

View from the back showing the Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus and Teres Minor.


Viewed from the front where the Subscapularis is hidden.





Go ahead, post your comment below!